CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

4.29.2009

Dandelion Wishes

Our front yard is littered with what are, according to Chloe, "the most beautiful flowers in the WORLD!"  Little yellow petals are scattered about among the clusters of clovers we call our lawn.  While I actually think the little things are kinda darling (I do love yellow!), I'm sure Chloe would be shocked to find that the world refers to her beloved beauties as (gasp)weeds.  Weeds or not, they are certainly a great source of entertainment for kids.  What other flower can be used as paint in its prime, and into a great alternative to bubbles when it has morphed from yellow to little white tickles?   And as an added bonus, no one yells at you when you pick them. 

Well, the kids were playing in the front yard while I was enjoying reading Huckleberry Finn from the front steps.  Chloe picked a dandelion ripe for blowing when I called out, "Make a wish!"  "A wish? What kind of wish?"  I told her any kind of wish, and filled her in on the deep-rooted tradition of dandelion wishes.  Excited about this new aspect of her blowing game, she began twirling around and around wishing for a wish to wish!  Finally, she yelled, "I know! I got it! My wish!"  "What is it??"  "I wish that we could move back to Raleigh, and that Raleigh could move by Sher-lotte!  Is that a good wish, Mommy?"  "That's a perfect wish, sweets."  I don't think either will happen in the near future, but I do love how her little mind works!

1 comments:

Dandelion Wishes « Everything Eli

[...] other day, Chloe decided to share her newfound knowledge of dandelion wishes with her very best friend, [...]