CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

6.09.2010

Success!

I wrote a little less than a year ago that I would be attempting a new venture in my house, Covil Preschool. At the beginning I stated that my goals would be to teach Chloe to read, and to teach Eli his phonics. While I wasn't at all faithful in posting our weekly preschool reports, I was faithful to keep preschool going throughout most of the year. I am so excited, and a little bit shocked, to report that my little project was a rousing success. Chloe can not only read, but she does it quite well. Eli is at the beginning stages of sounding out words, and is very eager to be reading like his sister. I am now working on Chloe's attrocious handwriting, and doing some beginning reading and writing activities with Eli. The kids loved Covil Preschool and still beg for it every Tuesday and Thursday. There is a slim chance that my lazy streak will pass and I will start doing actual lesson plans and crafts with them again, but chances are, as I said, quite slim.

0 comments: