CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2.20.2007

I Say Reason, You Say Excuse

I haven't posted in quite some time because I really haven't been able to come up with anything uplifting to talk about. Many of you know I'm not really a "baby" person, per se. I mean, obviously I love my children dearly, but I just don't enjoy that first year of life. At all. That's why this whole regression thing that Chloe is going through is really stressing me out. Where once I could (finally) understand her and (finally) interact with her through play and such, now I feel like I have two babies in the house instead of one. Chloe talks in baby talk, she pushes, she crams large amounts of food in her mouth, and puts everything else in there as well. I have to take away her big girl toys that she played well with a few weeks ago, but have now re-become choking hazards. And sadly, it's not just a precaution. Sunday she choked so badly Daddy actually had to perform abdominal thrusts to clear her airway. Four whole grapes catapaulted through the air. She is playing in the toilets, whining incessantly, sucking on a pacifier, hitting, shoving, banging, throwing food on the floor, and any and every other frustrating one-year-old habit that she sees Eli perform. I have to admit, I'm at a loss. I'm tired, I'm annoyed, and I just don't really know what to do.... Help!

4 comments:

Monica

I'm praying for you. And Chloe. And Patrick.

Monica

And Eli. :-)

Anonymous

I know it is hard to see right now and I am sure that I sighed heavily when someone said it to me--but thankfully it is true--This too shall pass (and usually pretty quickly).

Anonymous

Don't stress too much...it gets better...eventually...:)
Carrie