CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

7.19.2007

Not a Trace of Doubt in My Mind

I really hate to admit it, but it's true.  I know I should have no other gods, I know there are no other true religions, I know that God is sovereign and omnipresent.  He controls all things.  He knows the plot from beginning to end before the play is even written.  I know this.  Still, I just can't shake it.  I believe in the jinx.  Like God, it never fails me.  The words "Look how good the kids are being, Honey" are always immediately followed with screaming and blood.  "I can't believe they went to sleep so easily" answered with piercing yells from the back corner of the house.  "He hasn't been sick in so long!" ended with snot and crankiness by evening.  My Husband likes to tease me about my belief, uttering aloud my innermost thoughts at the most inopportune (ie quietest and most peaceful) times.  Yet, after Tuesday night, I think even he is beginning to go the way of Solomon.  After a round of intense storms left the kids unawakened, he remarked about how great it is that our little girl, though scared unto panic by leaves and feathers, sleeps through the worst blusters.  Enter storm 2.  The result? Two toddlers, scared and wide awake until two in the morning, and one Daddy wondering how this can be.  The jinx, that's how.

0 comments: