CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

10.25.2007

Backseat Driver

It's been over a year now since Chloe first learned the rhyme "Red means Stop, Green means Go, Yellow means you better go Slow!" from Ms. Sue at Storytime.  Now that she is almost 3, she has learned exactly what this rhyme means, and takes every opportunity to correct my driving.  It's helpful when I'm not paying attention, and long before the car behind me has a chance to honk me along, I hear "It's green now Mommy! You can GO!" And at other times it's kinda funny.  Like when I make a right on red I hear "Oh No Mommy! It's not green, it's RED! Red means STOP!" or when it's yellow and I do just the opposite of what the little song tells me to do.  Sometimes though, it can be a little annoying.  This is usually as I wait forever to turn left onto our street which happens to be a pretty busy intersection.  The light is as green as green can be, but we just sit there with Chloe yelling "Go Mommy, it's green.  It's green Mommy, you can go now.  Green means GO, Mommy!....."  Ack, I don't even want to think about what she will be like when she's sixteen.

0 comments: