CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3.05.2009

Wormy's Words

Here are a few of my favorite quotes of late:

Chloe: Mommy, I am going to be very good at the park today. I am not going to cry or complain even one time! It will be a special treat just for you!
(At the park both kids were wonderful. Forgetting about the pre-park promise of politeness, I praised the kids thoroughly when we got back in the car.)
Me: You guys were awesome at the park! That makes Mommy so proud! Thank you very much!
Chloe: I told you you would get a special treat today!

In order to encourage Chloe to not cry when I drop her off at the gym or school, I bought an after Christmas clearance My Little Pony advent calender with surprises behind 24 doors. As we were drawing to the end of the calender:
Me: Chloe, it looks like we are almost done with the calendar. I think that means you have learned that you don't need to cry when Mommy drops you off. What do you think this means you should do when we run out of doors?
Chloe: Um, Mommy, I think it means you better buy another calendar or I might just have to cry again.
Me: (sigh.)

Chloe: I love everybody in the whole family! I love Mommy. I love Daddy. I love Eli. But I love Dolly best of all.
Daddy: (feigns sadness and disbelief)
Chloe: Oh, don't worry, Daddy! I love you! I love everybody in the whole family very much! I just love Dolly more!
Me: (the next day) Oh, goody gumdrops!
Chloe: Goody gumdrops! That's what Grandpa says! I looooove Grandpa. He's SO silly!
Me: (I couldn't resist) You love Grandpa? Well, who do you love more? Grandpa or Dolly?
Chloe: (pauses and thinks, then holds up two fingers)
Me: Two?
Chloe: (nods head) Both. I love Dolly and Grandpa both the most of all.

Chloe looked out the backdoor to see the workers working in our yard.
Chloe: Mommy, I think we should put some water and snack on the porch for them. That looks like very thirsty work!
(she just warms my heart.)

2 comments:

Daddy

she's such a sweetie. I say that even though I'm not in her top tier.

Mimi

I'm right there with you my son! I am glad she's able to share the love!