CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

12.28.2006

Over the River

The day before we left for Christmas in Shallotte, I told Chloe that we would be leaving for Mimi's house the next day. She doesn't seem to really understand things like "tomorrow" "later" or "in the morning" yet. So, I further explained by saying we would be going to Mimi's house after she went to sleep and woke up. Then, the unthinkable happened. Chloe napped. She never naps. I mean never. When she woke up, she came out of her room, beloved pink shoes in hand, and announced "Mimi's house! Let's Go!" Sheesh. I tried explaining that she would have to go to sleep again and when the sun was out, we would go, but she was fixated. She followed me everywhere all night long, shoes in hand, "Mimi's house, Mimi's house" repeating all the while. Finally, she took a rest to sleep. The next morning, Chloe zoomed out of her room, shoes in hand, giggling and squealing "Mimi's HOUSE!" We packed up and headed out. I have to add, it was by far, the most peaceful car trip we have had to date.

0 comments: