CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

6.08.2007

Cleanliness Is Chloe-ness, C'td

Like I said a few posts back, I'm kind of lazy lately. Add that to a slow drain in the bathroom sink, and you get a grimy, icky basin to look at day in and day out. Chloe can't stand it. Every day, every time, she is in my bathroom (which happens to be every time that I'm in my bathroom) she steps on her tippytoes, peers in to the sink, and in her most serious and panicked voice starts berating me for the dirty sink. "Uh Oh! Sink dirty. Mommy need to fix it. Mommy need clean sink. Sink dirty. That's yuck!" Repeat roughly ten times a day for approximately a week now. Yesterday while the kids were napping, I was put under a great deal of conviction as the spirit of cleanliness and godliness decided to invade my lazybone (not really, we're having sitters coming over tonight and I didn't want them to know how we live) and I put out about two minutes of my usually wasted time and cleaned the sink! I was very proud of myself. Later that evening Chloe came into the bathroom to visit with me and instantly noticed the difference. Her eyes brightened, a giant smile spread across her face, she shot her fists into the air and gleefully shouted "Hooray! Mommy cleaned the sink! Good job Mommy! Sink's pretty! Mommy a good girl! Brave Mommy! Brave Sink! Ta-Da!" I decided right then and there that I wouldn't let my sink get in that shape again. In fact, I'll let it get even worse! The praise and reaction for cleaning away the filth was worth a few days of constant nagging from my two year old and having to look away everytime I washed my hands.

0 comments: