CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

6.02.2007

Tempered Tantrum

Eli is having a hard time napping. His teeth hurt or something. He sleeps a few minutes and then wakes up wailing. Yesterday, I go in, again, to cuddle him in the rocker and try to help him rest. Enter Chloe. She peeks through the doorway at me holding Eli and immediately becomes distraught. I press my finger to my lip, whisper "Shh!" and motion for her to go back into the living room. She does. A very short moment later she marches back down the hall, peers in once again, and begins whining for me to neglect her brother and return my affections to their rightful owner. Again I shush and point. Not liking this, Chloe lays down in the floor preparing for what looks to be the beginnings of an Oscar winning tantrum. Then something odd. She looks thoughtful, stops, and stands up. I prematurely think to myself "Good girl!" and smile. She then walks forward, softly and sweetly shuts the door, and returns to her aforementioned position. This time kicking and screaming commence and all attempts at napping end.

0 comments: