CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

6.04.2007

Two Going on Twenty

I know, I know. That title is so overdone. You hear it said everywhere, always followed with polite laughter and an inward rolling of the eyes. Or maybe it's just me that reacts that way, who knows. I can't believe I even used it, but it just seems to fit oh so well. It really is startling how many cliches you find to be truths once you become a parent. They really do grow up so fast, and they really are babies for just a short time, and before you know it, they will be in college. And I know I really do need to enjoy it while it lasts, and people are probably right to tell me I'll miss it when it's gone. But you know, cherishing these years is hard. For me it's really, really hard. I'm selfish and easily annoyed. I like eating my food without other people's slobber on it. I like to use the bathroom alone and shower without miniature peeping toms watching my every wash and rinse. I like my cooking to be appreciated and my conversations meaningful. Like I said, I'm selfish. On the other hand, I love being loved unconditionally. I love the unbridled excitement and the screeching of feet to the backdoor when I return from an errand. I love being told "Brave Girl, Mommy!" everytime I get my head wet in the shower. I like knowing that to my little girl I'm a good "cooker" and that my "nuffins" are worthy of the happy food dance. I love the cuddles and the kisses and the laughter and the squeals. I even love being needed when there is pain and crying. I love seeing them grow and hearing what they've learned. I love the songs they sing and the stories they tell. I truly love them, unconditionally. This blog for me is a way to hold onto the good (and a little bit of the bad) so that one day, when I finally feel like cherishing these times, and I start to miss the baby years, I will have my memories completely raw and uncontaminated by time and ready for reminiscing.



Eating raw carrots and broccoli and doing the happy food dance. How's that for all grown up!?

Still my bookWorm, looking oh so old in her favorite reading position.

1 comments:

Anonymous

Chloe could just come and be a part of my class. We could eat broccoli for lunch (which is my lunch everyday) and read books!
You also realize how fast time goes by when you see your baby holding his babies.