CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

9.12.2009

Saturday Morning

Chloe despises yardwork. She likes to hike and play in the woods. She loves to go to the lake or the park or the mountains and just be in nature. She really seems to enjoy being outdoors, until, someone produces a rake. Then she's as scarce as a good, cool breeze in the middle of July. She just completely disappears! Today when I got home from a Ladies' Secret Sister Breakfast, I found my two boys working hard raking the yard (we filled two big trashcans with leaves just from the front yard!), but Chloe was nowhere to be seen. I went inside to get changed, and found my little sweetie working incredibly hard in her own right, planning Strawberry Shortcake's birthday party. She was creating decorations and cards, and was in the middle of writing a list of all the things Strawberry hoped to get for her birthday, perhaps inspired by her own impending birthday and the evergrowing list of requests she has been formulating. When I walked into the room Chloe excitedly said, "Look, Mommy! I sounded them out. Wanna see?" The list said:
Puzzl
Pllo
Clrg Bg
Cri
Blp Bio

Each item had a line next to it, and ones that had been "purchased" had check marks. In the end Strawberry received everything she wanted. This gave me the perfect opportunity to explain what the word "spoiled" means!

Wondering what the list said? Leave me a message with your guesses, then I'll let you know on Tuesday when I blog again. And just so you know, Chloe couldn't even read the last two a bit later. They're not even close.