CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

9.19.2009

Soccer Saturday

Chloe started soccer today. We've talked all week about how it's okay to be scared to do something new, and that it's okay to cry, as long as you can stop after a few minutes. I, admittedly, was equal parts nervous and excited about diving into this new feat. I was never any good at soccer, but I always loved it, and hoped Chlo would get into it as well. When we first arrived, she was excited about finding the right field and meeting "new friends," yet as we inched closer to Field #2, the shakes started, and eventually the tears just had to fall. Chloe clung nervously to my leg as other kids played on the field, kicking their balls around and shooting five inches from the goal. Several other girls were clinging to their mommies and daddies appendages for dear life. We only had to wait a couple of minutes before Coach Lindsey arrived. The sweetest little soccer coach I've ever seen. It turned out Colonial put all of the girls on one team, and assigned them a wonderful, young lady as coach! I was so excited to see this from the beginning, but, by the end I was breathing a huge sigh of relief. The girls were flanked on either sides by boy teams with big, swarthy men coaches who were yelling and running complicated drills the first day. The girls practiced running with their balls and played several fun games to get used to each other and to practice listening to Coach's instructions. When it was time for water break, Chloe didn't even want to leave the field to get some, she was having so much fun! At the end of the hour, Chloe ran from the field, gave me a high five, and yelled," Mommy, I LOVE soccer! It's my favorite!" Score.

I love how she holds her hands when she runs.
The girl behind her has amazing hair.

Stopping the ball while keeping her balance proved a little tricky.

So happy!

2 comments:

Mimi

I'm so glad she loved it!

Emory

Ok, so I was scrolling down and didn't see your comment yet about the girl's hair behind Chloe...what in the world? Her hair looks like that after running around playing soccer? She looks like she just left Salon Blu. I think I'm jealous of a 4 year old.