CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

10.11.2006

Asthma Nights

A couple of nights ago, Chloe started having what appear to be asthma attacks during the night. I have to say, it was pretty terrifying to see and hear my little girl barking and panicking for hours on end. We thought at first that she had a really bad cold, but as the night wore on she became more and more hysterical. We knew something was really wrong when she wanted me to sleep with her. After two long, scary nights, I realized what was going on. Since 6 months old, Chlo has been on a combination of Zyrtec and Singulair for her eczema and allergies, but had missed her dosage of Singulair (which is actually an asthma drug used to treat allergies as well) on both nights of her episodes. So, yesterday the kids and I strolled over to Person Street to pick up her prescription and I gave it to her immediately. Within an hour after we returned home she was fast asleep breathing beautifully. She slept from 3pm-11pm. We just didn't have the heart to wake her. Patrick graciously stayed up with her until 1am so that I could go on to bed. She slept peacefully the rest of the night. Praise God for modern medicine.

As long as she stays on her medicine and we don't have any more episodes, we can wait until her already scheduled 2 year appointment to discuss all of our options with Dr. Lopez. Chloe is terrified of the doctor's office, so we try to keep our visits to a minimum.

Even through all of her exhaustion, she had such a sweet spirit. Yesterday I was absolutely exhausted from the previous two nights and laid down on the couch while Eli was sleeping. Chloe saw me, ran to her room and got her favorite blanket, and put it on my legs. She said, "Shh, Mommy sleepy. Mommy peenk blanky." Then sat down on the floor beside the couch and played quietly while I rested. What a sweet girl.

0 comments: