CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

1.19.2007

First Snow





It was so exciting to wake up Thursday morning to a yard covered with shiny, white snow. At 5 when I was throwing up yet again, the meteorologists assured me once more that we would only be getting some nice sleet and freezing rain, so when I looked out an hour later to see a glimmery grass, I couldn't believe it! I could barely wait to get Chloe out of bed and dressed so she could go out and meet Mr. Snow before he went away. As soon as she saw it out the back door, she could barely hold in her excitement. "Snow on slide! Snow on car! Snow on my trike! Sno-ow! Sno-ow! Sno-ow!" This was the day we had been waiting for, I mean, this was the stuff only seen in books! This was Chloe's very first snow, ever. She ate her waffles in record time, and I suited her up the best I could. She went outside with Daddy while Eli and I watched at the door. She got outside, looked around, and Surprise!... she was terrified of it. Refused to touch it, refused to play in it, refused to do anything more than look around repeating its name over and over again. After a few minutes of Daddy's prodding, he gave up and they came back inside. As soon as the door closed, Chloe turned, pressed her face to the glass and said, "Bye-bye Snow, See ya later!" Sigh. Maybe next time.

0 comments: