CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

1.23.2008

Tarheel Born and Bred, aka, Indoctrination Starts at Birth

I was subbing in Chloe's class today (all 3yo), and during free time, Chloe and two other kids (I won't use there names since I don't know their parents or if they would mind) were sitting at a table with me playing with floam. When I hear:

Boy: Teacher! Teacher! Look at this!

Me: Oh, cool! Is that a boomerang?

Boy: No, it's a wolf.  (looks at me like I'm stoopit) See here's his eye (points at something nonexistant), and here's his little eye.

Me: Oh, I see! (not really)

(time elapses)

Boy: Teacher! Look, I made another wolf! (points to indention) See his eye, and his other eye.

Me: Cool, Boy! Why do you like to make wolves so much? Do you like the Wolfpack?

Boy: (expression of intense pain fills his face) No! I don't like the Wolfpack! I like the Tarheels.

Me: (turns to Chloe) Did you hear that Chlo? Boy likes the Tarheels!

Chloe: (looks to boy, excitement all over her face) I like the Tarheels, too! I don't like the Wolfpack! Eli likes Wolfpack.

Me: (to boy) Yup. Chloe's brother and Daddy both like Wolfpack, but we like Tarheels.

Boy: (very serious) Good. I like Tarheels.  I wish that other team would just stop playing and go away.

6 comments:

Daddy

Forget parental sensitivities... I need the name of this subversive influence!

terri

I think it's too late. I think you've lost her.

terri

He was cute, too.....

Daddy

ack! that was quick. :-(

terri

Eh- I'm with her all day...
at least you managed to steal the boy from me.

mimi

I think it's only fair that there is equal representation!