CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

1.23.2008

Teacher Mommy

One of Chloe's teachers was out sick today, so her other teacher asked me to sub with her for the morning.  At first I was a little skeptical about how it would work out, but everything was fine, and I actually had a great time doing it.  It was neat to see how Chloe interacts with other kids (very rarely, I found), how she listens, how she learns, and what exactly she does every week while I am in my Bible study.  She loved having me there, too, which made it all the more special.  On the way home I asked her if Mommy was a good teacher today, and she answered, "No, Mrs. Amy is the good teacher, not Mommy.  And Mrs. Susan, too.  But Mrs. Susan is sick today.  Mommy is not a teacher.  Mommy is Mommy." It's fun how she only thinks of me as "Chloe and Eli's Mommy" and nothing else, while all along, I have the privilege of being the biggest and best teacher she will ever have.

0 comments: